Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Home for the Holidays

We've all heard the saying, 'make a house a home', but what is a home? Home is a place you are from, it is a destination you are trying to find. Home, in a broad sense, is a place where you feel comfortable, a place where there are people you love and that love you. A home is not necessarily a place...

This past week we went home and came home - huh?!! We had the joy of spending Thanksgiving with Nate' s family, home in Indiana. Then we hopped back on a plane and came home, to our house, our home. We are so blessed to have many places we can call home, people we love and that love us. We are beginning a beautiful season, the Christmas season. I love this time of year and all that comes with it. I love the time spent with family. I love decorating my home. I love the baking and eating! I love the gift giving and receiving. I love the traditions and the sparkle of my children's eyes as they experience these traditions for the first time. I love making memories.
My prayer for this holiday season is that I will not forget where my eternal home is and that while I love this home, it does not even compare to the home Jesus is preparing for me. He truly is the reason for every season and I pray that He will not get lost in the hustle of all the wonderful things happening this time of year.
Blessings to each of you and may you find your home in Jesus this year.

2 comments:

Wendy Lock said...

Oh friend,
That is so beautiful. I needed to hear that. I feel so stressed out at school at the moment. Where is my home? One of my homes is with my special friend in Greeley Colorado. Thanks for the reminder that my real home is being prepared for me in heaven.
I love you!!!

David Owen said...

Oh, beautiful. It is truly a gift to be able to see "multiple places to call home" as a blessing. I still struggle with it from all the moving I've done since leaving home (Indiana). And beautiful picture of the barn at Uncle Bob's. Fond memories of that yard and that view.

gretta