Monday, March 18, 2013

Mondays come every week

It is Monday morning, they come every week and there are weeks that I dread them and there are weeks I look forward to starting the new week.  I am not quite sure how I am feeling about this particular Monday.  I want to make a choice to have a good day, to be joy filled, to engage with my kids, to look for the good in it, yet I feel tired and a bit sluggish.
We had a wonderful weekend...more on that later...and after a good weekend it does feel hard to focus and get into the laundry, school, household chores, etc.
So, why am I rambling on and on about Monday?  Because each new day Jesus calls us to trust him, to not worry about what the day holds. To trust his love, goodness, and plan for me.  Today is Monday but it is the day the Lord has made, I will be glad and rejoice in it.  He has put a new song in my heart and I will ever praise him, no matter what day of the week it is!  Happy Monday to you all and may the Lord sing sweetly over you today!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Beautiful and so true! It's a good reminder to wake up each morning knowing this day was a day the Lord had made and he has allowed me to live it! When it's thought of in that way, it kind of makes it seem like you should live it for a purpose, not just get through the day:) Happy Lord's day to you:)