Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Just a mom...

The other day while we were visiting my dad at the hospital, the nurse came in to check on his knee.  The girls and I were watching and Papa asked the girls if they would ever like to be a nurse.  They both shook their head, No!  I then said, "I never wanted to be a nurse.  It wasn't the job for me."  To which Sarah responded, "Yes, you were meant to do nothing, you're just a mom!"
Oh sweet Sarah!  I had a good laugh over that one!  It actually was said at a time in life when I was feeling that very thing...I am just a mom.  It is exhausting, tiring, sometimes way too repetitive, sometimes way too chaotic, most of the time it is the most wonderful thing ever....
I am sure most of you know exactly what I am talking about.  Being a mom is the best job in the world for me but it is also so hard and there are days when I wonder if I can do it.

Jesus is so good to speak into my heart at times when I wonder what I am doing...am I doing it well?  This week in school we read a story and in it they talked about that no matter what you do, do it to glorify the Lord.  Sometimes that is as simple as just being, being exactly who God has made you to be.
So, whether I get this mom thing right, I pray that Jesus would help me to do it for his glory and with his full on help.
I may be just a mom, but to me that is exactly where God wants me right now and so that statement is actually very beautiful in my ear!


2 comments:

Freemansforum said...

Katie, I love reading your writing and can't wait to read more. God does have you right where He wants you. May He show you each day how you can glorify Him. I love you dear friend.
Love,
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for that today. At the moment I was feeling "what am I doing and I wish I had something more to 'me'." That is an awesome article.