Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ramblings

It has been forever since I have blogged, I think it is mainly because I have SO many wonderful pictures, thoughts to ponder, as well as other things to share, that I have been stuck, not knowing what to share.
So, the house is quiet and I am all alone with my thoughts, very unusual, and I thought I would take advantage of it. So here are some thoughts of life lately!

Thoughts...
There is just too much pain in this world. There are too many people that I love dearly that are experiencing hurts and trials. I am a sensitive person, not just sensitive as in I am hurt easily, but sensitive in terms of taking on the pains of the world. I "feel" a lot. I feel hurts, I feel intensity, I feel embarrassment, I feel excitement, I feel joy, I feel....the list goes on. It is enough for me to feel so much my own, but then often I feel or take on others pain, hurt etc. as well and that is where is gets overwhelming to be a feeling/sensitive person. I know it is a gift but it can also be very heavy and weigh me down. Lately, I have been learning to cry out to God to take these burdens from me that are not mine to carry. He is so faithful and has done just that. I praise Him for that. When I begin to feel too much for a person, He takes it. I love being sensitive but it hurts a lot somtimes. So to all of my loved ones that are experiencing hurt, please know that I am feeling it with you but I am giving it to the Lord because He is the only one who can carry us through this time. He loves you so much and wants to carry all of your burdens. He wants you to fall on your face before Him and tell Him how much you need Him.
What an amazing God we have.

Other thoughts...
My little Elizabeth is starting school soon! I can hardly believe it. Yes it is only two days a week for two hours, but it feels huge to start this part of life. My dearest friends just sent their kids to kindergarten, both of them are feeling those same overwhelming feelings of life just moving on so fast. Before we know it they will be leaving our homes....ok, I won't get carried away but it does seem to be moving along at a very fast paced speed!

On the home front...
Our garden took somewhat of a dive. We found out our tomatoes have blight (sp?). It is an airborne fungus...yuck!? So, they do not look pretty at all and most are mishapen and in my opinion uneddible. Some however, have turned out ok and we have enjoyed them. We also invested in a crop of ladybugs to take care of our aphid problem. Craziness!
The pumpkins continue to grow like crazy taking over the garden, but what fun that will be come October! The corn has been really pretty good. I just had an ear that was delicious for lunch today. We had another big bunch of beans that we enjoyed too, I thought they were done but they surprised us with more!

On the job front...
Nate has been super busy and stressed with work. They are finishing up the new residence hall and have run into some pretty major problems. I probably shouldn't share too much on this "public" site, but just keep him in your prayers! To give you a clue in how consuming work has been lately...it is Sunday at 2:30 and he is at work. Just not what we are used to or want for our family, but it is temporary and unusual so we will all make it!

Other random ramblings...
We are having weird issues with appliances, they seem to be working together on a plan to all be replaced within the next few months. First our mircowave died, then our blender, and our oven seems to be on its way out with only two working burners currently. I need to start praying over the other appliances, that they will choose life!

No comments: