This past weekend Nate and I did another mountain climb. This one was 12,300 some feet and I feel very proud of myself. We started out later than we had planned (so hard to get going early on a Saturday when the girls are at Aunt Lori's house) so we did run into some thunder storms as we were approaching summit but we pressed on and are so glad that we did. It felt like a big accomplishment for me once again. Next month we are going to try and tackle the 14er. 




4 comments:
You look so cute, Katie. Nice Job. I would be careful with those thunderstorms coming in, however. Some friends of ours that do a lot of (serious) hiking were jolted when lightening hit the ground near them on a hike this summer. They said it was quite scary and a very strange (in a bad way) feeling. Be careful. Leave earlier in the mornings so you can get down in time to beat those storms. :)
One more thing, Katie. I found a cute blog that has ideas for crafts (EASY!) with little ones. This blogger just posts ideas that she finds and whatnot. When I look at it, I think of you and your mom. Check it out and let me know what you think....
http://flipflopsandapplesauce.blogspot.com
Renee
another scary rock ledge? really nate must you do that? my heart remember?!?! haha. way to go!! how exciting. Your almost to your goal Katie. but yeah, be careful..lightening, bugs, animals, bugs...and oh yeah SCARY ROCK EDGES!
Thanks for the great blog Renee. There are some great ideas there! Thanks also for your concern for us with the storm. We definitely were cautious and watched the storm carefully.
Danyelle, Nate likes to stand on the edge of cliffs just to scare you!! :)
Ok, I am really homesick now. We have fun and get out, but we haven't been camping all summer. Instead of feeling sorry for your FREEZING experience, I find myself quite envious. Don't get me wrong, Oregon is beautiful, and I feel truly blessed being here, but nothing is like those Rocky Mtns. you keep climbing. Congratulations!!
Post a Comment