Sunday, May 25, 2008

Princess Bed

Tonight Nate and I stood over our little Elizabeth and tucked her into her first big bed. She looked so small in it, yet has grown so much this year already. I bought this bedroom set at a garage sale when Elizabeth was probably just a few months old. It was so pretty and I loved it, Nate had a hard time picturing this tiny little baby in a big bed, but we got it anyway, knowing someday she would fill it! It is not just any bed, it is a beautiful canopy bed, looks like something I would have dreamed about as a little girl.
I think it is so neat to see the blessings that God gives us, not just necessities in life but fun things and desires we have. I thank him for this gift of a beautiful bed because it reminds me of how personal he is.
As we tucked her in, Elizabeth asked why daddy was coming in to see her again (she had already given him a kiss good night). This was his comment, "Well, because this is your first night in this big bed that you will probably still be sleeping in when you are 13 and that is pretty amazing to see and think about."
I close with a smile!
(perhaps another day I will post a picture, but our little princess is already in dreamland!)

1 comment:

Danyelle said...

yes, we definitly need to see the princess bed!