Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Educational Snack and a Teachable Moment!

The other day I sat down with Elizabeth and Sarah during their snack (this is usually a good time for me to get a few things done without helpers, but on this day I just felt the urging to sit with them). So we started chatting about our day and other very important things! I gave the girls some goldfish crackers and noticed on the back of one was an open spot for the child to draw something that made them feel happy. We started talking about what made Elizabeth happy, things like pink and candy made her happy. Taking naps and going to sleep at night didn't make her happy (oh, how I long for those things!!). She finally decided that being with grandma makes her happy and that is what she wanted to draw. She wasn't sure how to so I drew a stick figure for her, talking her through it as I drew. Then she wanted to have a try. I was so surprised with the people that she drew, and very proud too! She then continued on another paper with lots of different family members! She is at such a fun age right now and I am enjoying being her mommy. Some say that the three's are harder than the twos. That scared me to death, but so far we are really loving this time and I praise Jesus for that!

No comments: