Saturday, February 9, 2008

So much

There seems to be so much to write about these days, yet nothing to write about! We have been battling sickness pretty much ever since Christmas. It has been one thing or another, at least one of us has not felt well every week, or so it seems. After a while that gets fairly tiring, however, I think it is somewhat of a blessing as well. It has forced us to slow down and be home bound. I like to be busy doing things, especially with friends and my family, all good things no doubt, but they can sometimes take over and become too much. Through this season of being sick we have slowed down and I have not been able to get out as much and do as much with other people. You know what I have found out? That I am actually enjoying it. During this season of my life my main purpose is to be Elizabeth's and Sarah's mommy. They are my disciples, what I should be putting most of my energies into. It is a simple revelation but profound just the same. By filling my life with so many good things I have slipped the most important things to the back burner. May this be a lesson that I never forget!
Along with being mommy I am also a wife (and the most blessed wife ever to have the husband that I do!). We have insituted once a month date night and it has been so fun! We each plan a date, switching every other month. Last night Nate planned our date and took us to see the Peking Acrobats, it was so much fun!
It is something that we are both really enjoying doing for and with each other, gets those creative juices flowing and adds excitement and fun to our relationship. Something that I don't ever want to lose and something that we will really have to work on in order not to lose it.
I pray that this time of slowing down will continue for us - it sure would be nice to not be sick anymore though!

No comments: