Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

Easter is a holiday that is packed with commercialism, just like so many other holiday's.  Easter baskets, eggs, pretty dresses...  We did all of that but we also remembered and took time to thank Jesus for what this day is really all about.  The story is not pretty, it is harsh and sad yet it has the most amazing meaning and ending, one that seems unreal, unbelievable, yet it is undeniable because it is written in the Bible, it is God breathed, it is true and it holds the most amazing meaning.  Easter, it is the story of our Savior, loving each one of us enough to be tortured and killed - for my sin - for me, for you.  So thankful that is not where the story ends.  Jesus did die a terrible death for me but He also was raised from the dead...HE IS ALIVE and living in me.  This is a true story and I am so glad it is a part of my life.

I did enjoy the Easter baskets, the egg hunts and the pretty dresses this past Sunday.  But I am thankful every single day that He died for me and saved me from a life of death.  I have the promise of him living in me, working in me, and breathing the freshness of his love into my life every single day.  I have the promise that I will live in eternity with him one day.  I have the hope that He is who He says He is, He is doing what He says He will do, and He is the most amazing story I will ever be a part of!

We loved spending the weekend with my sister Kristi and her family!

No comments: