This year the girls dressed up as Mary and Laura Ingalls for Halloween (Sarah was actually a lion also). Joshua was the Poky Little Puppy - so cute!
We had a very fun day starting with Sarah's preschool costume parade, trick-or-treating that evening, and having grandma and grandpa over for dinner and a fun game of pin the face on the pumpkin!
Halloween can be kind of a controversial thing, so there have been many discussions over how we as a family should handle it. We have kindof taken it year by year and will probably continue to do that. This year as I thought about the darkness and evil that surrounds this holiday I noticed that everywhere we went all dressed up and looking cute, we were shedding a light on people all around us. Barriers between people were broken down as they oohed and awed over how cute the kids were - many couldn't help but touch Joshua's cute little face. I realized that bringing a smile to people's faces and spreading a little joy was far outshining the darkness. Where evil increases, God's spirit increases all the more and what a privledge it is to be a part of that! Praise Jesus for His light, life, freedom, and power - I know the bad guy doesn't win in the end - Jesus does!
I am so thankful for the fun filled day we had as a family and pray that the little bits of light we spread around will multiply as we continue to spread Jesus' love!
1 comment:
Your kiddos look way to cute!!!
Post a Comment