I have said before and I want to say it again...I LOVE MY HUSBAND! This May we celebrated 11 years of marriage and I am still so in love with my man. He is so kind hearted, giving of himself to others, an amazing listener, encourager, and friend. He is a hard worker, awesome dad, a teacher, and is passionate about his family. He has a deep love of the Lord and a steadiness that makes my world so peaceful. Thank you Nate for loving me and making my dreams of marriage and a family come true. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect man to share my life with. Happy 11 years, and here's to many more!
So our actual anniversary date is one to definitely share! We got all dressed up (I have had this dress for years, love it...actually I wore it in college and kept it hoping some day I would fit in it again - thank you Joshua for helping me in my weight loss program!) and went out for dinner to a nice place in Loveland. Lori took all three of our kids, this was a first for us to leave Joshua, yes, the first date we had in about 10 months with no children! It was WONDERFUL! We had great conversations, delicious food, and just a really good time together.
We had decided to just no worry about the prices and enjoy - so we went all out! Our sweet waitress brought us a signed card from all the watresses and then told us we could have a complimentary dessert because it was our anniversary. That was so nice, made the evening feel that much more special. Then, when we were completely stuffed and just sitting enjoying each other, she came back and said, "Well, this is an extra special night because someone has taken care of your bill, but I cannot tell you who." I got teary eyed and so did she (I knew I liked her!). We were so humbled, overwhelmed and felt blessed that night for sure!
2 comments:
I didn't read your whole post, but I did enjoy all the pictures and read that last little bit about the anniversary dinner. That is such an amazing and overwhelming feeling when that happens. It happened to us 2 years ago when we went out for my birthday in North Dakota to our favorite little Italian place. We were coming from a very hard year, and it was our first summer at SIL w/ a child and just having all sorts of doubts about whether we should even be there...then we went out for dinner and someone paid for the whole thing. (only our waitress told us who...and older man who had been eating alone and said we reminded him of his kids...he was gone by that time). Happy Anniversary! Always love catching up on your family.
gretta
I love all of the pictures and the videos. So much fun to see the girls in their programs since I missed them. Love you all!
Post a Comment