Friday, April 8, 2011
Sad
So there is part of me that only wants to blog about the happy things in life but if you know me, I usually share everything on my heart. So, this post is not a happy one but still part of life. Two weeks ago today we found out that my sister Julie lost her baby. She was 26 weeks along and was expecting her third boy in July. Our hearts break for this loss. Jesus is holding this little guy in his arms and in heaven he is perfect and whole and we are thankful for that promise. That same day we found out about my sister we also took our dog Rusty to the Humane Society. We have tried for months to find a better home for him and just came to a point of needing to give him up. It was a very hard decision but best for our family. We miss him a lot. Many tears have been shed for both of these losses. Loss is such a hard thing. Nate reminded me that we could go through life without feeling loss, hurt, and pain if we made choices to not love and open our hearts to others. That is definitely not a choice I want to make. I want to experience the fullness of life and in that there will be the hard stuff. Through it all I am thankful for God's love, where and who would I be without it?
2 comments:
that is so sad. I am so sorry Katie so many struggles. I am so grateful for a God that carries us through them all!
I didn't realize that Julie was pregnant. Please let her know that I will be thinking about her. There is a new song called Blessings by Laura Story. The lyrics are terrific and I think they would minister to her.
Post a Comment