The diagnosis today was the same thing...more fluid in the ears and fairly significant hearing loss. The Dr. was surprised we hadn't really noticed the hearing loss thing because it seemed fairly big. Perhaps we have all just adjusted and don't realize how she compensates.
Anyway, we will be heading towards another tubes procedure. July 29th is the date, with the post op being on Aug 30. It was funny hearing that date and wondering, hmm, will I be able to keep that appointment or will another member of our family prohibit me from doing that?!
Each time we are told that Elizabeth needs tubes again, we struggle with whether we should do it or is there something else going on? Basically I think both of us realize that it comes down to that fact that structurally Elizabeth is different becuase of being born with a cleft pallet and we will probably have to just continue to do this until her little face grows more.
No matter how simple the surgery however, it is still hard to watch your little one being rolled away from you at the hospital. I trust my Father in heaven to watch over her when I cannot and be her comfort when I cannot.
She wonders if maybe this time it will be easier since she is 5! I don't know if she really remembers the other times, but the waking up after the surgery was always hard for her.
Oh yes, another recommendation from the Dr. was that we get her off of cows milk. This will be tough to do but hopefully it will show to be helpful and lessen the build up of fluid.
So, here's to tubes and Rice or Soy Milk and another adventure in Elizabeth's life!
She is such a precious girl and I cannot imagine my life without this sweet girl in it. Thank you dear Jesus for blessing me with her!
3 comments:
That is an absolutely adorable picture!! Sorry to hear she's headed for surgery again - praying it's her last one!
We've used milk substitutes off and on for years for various reasons. Almond milk is also great. My girls love the vanilla!
I drank a rice milk called "Rice Dream" when I was off dairy w/ Gareth's nursing issues. I found it to be a great substitute. I just got the regular not flavored. I didn't notice a difference in cereal, although I never really drank it by the glassful, unless I was throwing cookies in. Hope things go well for her.
sorry to hear about another surgery! We go through Gallons of rice milk in our home and its not so budget friendly (natural grocers is cheapest in the cold section 2.99 1/2 gallon). But its definitly a taste issue. Poor girl! Good running into you at church the other day you are a bunch of beautiful reinhard girls!
Post a Comment