Our plan this year was to do another 14er and then have a day to just rest and relax together. As we were watching the weather for the weekend we were going, we saw that there was a big cold front coming in and our climbing day was looking like one of the worst days. So we ended up leaving a day early. The hike was great, very different from Mt. Elbert last year, but still great and we made it to the summit around 10:30am, just before the storm came in. It was truly another great experience together.
We hiked on Sunday and then had until Tuesday to just relax and rest...and did we ever rest!! I don't remember the last time we have slept as much as we did. It was truly a great weekend and I am so thankful for these cherished times together with Nate.
Thanks babe, for making these weekends a priority and a treasure!
2 comments:
Wow Katie! Awesome pics! Looks like you guys had a fabulous time together! We just drove home from Lake Powell on Monday and the views were amazing! (But, we were wanting to get home - so we didn't stop for any pics - so I'm thoroughly enjoying everybody else's mountain pics right now!) :)
oh my... what a wonderful way to share such a beautiful experience. I honestly had tears in my eyes most the time together with an ocassional quiver at the beauty pared with an amazing song. I am just so happy that you and Nate have each other. I am reminded of the happiness I felt for you on your wedding day. I can't believe it's been a year already since your last hike! How much changes in a year.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Tura
Post a Comment