Wednesday, August 19, 2009

If only for a moment...

So yesterday we got our carpets cleaned! Rusty had made some messes and it was just time for it to be done. Well, we got home late and were all admiring it when Sarah says, "I have to go potty" in a very intense voice. I look over to see her already going, on the newly cleaned carpet!!!! AHHHH
Nate's calm, wonderful way helped us all through that situation.

Then this morning Elizabeth says, "Mom last night I couldn't find my door knob and I had to go potty SO bad that I had an accident on my floor." AHHHH, yes, on the newly cleaned carpet!

Well, Nate and I got to laughing about it this morning because, ya know, carpet is so temporary and it was a good reminder from the Lord of what it truly important. All these earthly things will waste away. We are a house filled with kids, dogs, and messes and we are so happy!

So glad we could laugh it off...mostly!!

No comments: