Thursday, April 16, 2009

Reason to Celebrate!!!

Last night Nate got home late from work which meant we had a late dinner. Usually I feel pretty intense when we have to eat late because the girls start acting out and it just isn't a pretty sight. Anyway, I felt a wonderful peace last night and just really relaxed. So, we sat down at the table and I announced that I would pray. (Elizabeth and Sarah often argue about who gets to pray, so I thought I would just do it and there would be no issue) Well, the girls both said, after you're done I want to. Like I said, I felt very relaxed even though it was almost 7 and said, ok.
SO glad I did!! This was Elizabeth's prayer:

"Dear Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross. Thank you for this good day. We love you so much and I want you in my heart. Amen"

It was so simple, sweet, and real, it brought tears to both Nate's and my eyes!

We talked about it later that night as we were putting her to bed. Sharing with her how proud and excited we were. We told her that daddy was 5 when we asked Jesus in his heart and how mommy was 4 years old!

Ususally Nate or I prays for her before bed, but she wanted to do it last night and this was her prayer.

"Dear Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross. please come into my heart, thank you for coming into my heart and thank you so so much for loving us. Amen"

It was such a neat moment. We have talked with her a lot about how much Jesus loves her and wants to be in her heart forever. During the Easter season we also shared a lot about his death and how hard it was yet how he wanted to do it to save us from our sins. She always listened so intently.

Her name is written in the book of life!! Now that is reason to celebrate!!

6 comments:

Danyelle said...

Amen!

Ruth Lee said...

Happy Christian Birthday, Elizabeth!!

Drew and Carrie said...

Yay! We were both so excited to read this! What a neat experience as a parent... we can only imagine! =)

Anonymous said...

I remember when Elizabeth turned 1 and you made a slide show of her first year. You had Chris Rice's song "Come to Jesus" playing in the background. Ever since I have associated that song to her. And now she has "Come to Jesus"! I am praising HIM with all of you. Aunt Kathy

Emily said...

Oh such a wonderful story! It made me cry a little bit too. I love you all!

Wendy Lock said...

How precious and wonderful. :-)