Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fun blog

My Friend Renee introduced me to this wonderful blog, full of great ideas. I check it often and have many plans to try ALL the projects! Someday I will have more time to do fun projects right?!

Anyway, one day all the cousins came over and the girls always ask to do crafts, so before they came I hopped on flipflops and applesauce and chose a craft we could all do together. I chose the paper dolls and the girls loved it! It was a quick craft to get together at the last minute and it kept them entertained for a long time! Although I did not take pictures of the fun creative process or even get pictures of the older girls' finished products, here are Elizabeth's. She really enjoyed it and had the idea to attach them all. They have been hanging on our door for a long time, it will be a sad day when they have to come down! Thanks flipflops and applesauce for all your creative ideas! Check out her website:

http://flipflopsandapplesauce.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute! What a creative family God has blessed us with! :0)
Love, dad

Unknown said...

Cute paper dolls! My shrinky dink projects sometimes curl up, but if I leave them in the oven longer, they lay down again. Let me know if it works to bake them longer.
Lots of love!

Renee said...

I am excited that you checked out the blog that I recommended. As soon as I saw it, I thought of you. You are the kind of mom that I admire that does and enjoy doing crafty things with their kids. (Me not as much, sadly....) But, the one thing I love about *that* blog is the ideas are simple and things I wouldn't mind doing, but yet fun. We have done some ideas from there, too. Anyway, again, I am happy you are enjoying my recommendation. Yipee!

Danyelle said...

What a cute project! since im slow it took me a minute to understand that you hopped on flip flops and appelsauce,(because who would wear flip flogs and appelsauce)...yeah i need a nap. Anyway. what fun, your so fun!

Nate and Katie said...

Yes Danyelle, hopping on flipflops and applesauce would be a pretty big mess...that's why I jumped on the computer...oh wait, that would break it...that's why I, well you know what I mean!!!
:)
Thanks again for recommending it Renee, you too are a mom I admire! You have so much going on and you always seem calm and joy filled, guess we know that can only come from above!

Danyelle said...

Haha, so i had to go check out this great blog and yeah, so much fun! and of course a CONTEST...what beautiful jewlery. Hope you win!! oh and I am going to do the snowflake thing with the kiddos I think...i actually found one that uses pipecleaners and borax that actually crystalizes...planning on trying that too...anyway good luck and if you win remember to pick me out something nice!haha