Thursday, February 27, 2014

Things I love...

This morning was just one of those mornings.  Nothing bad happened, nothing out of the ordinary, but I just couldn't get motivated.  I had done my normal morning routine and even got some extra time to spend finishing my bible study before the kids got up.  So, as I trudged through the morning I just wasn't sure what I needed to get that extra kick in the pants energy I needed.  I got all the kids in the tub and turned on some worship music, hoping that a little more time with the Lord and without the kids would help.  I got busy on the dishes and cleaning the kitchen, still in a bit of a fog, got the kids out of the tub, felt a little stirring in my soul, yet still a little foggy.  Made tea for everyone (because that is what we do every morning as we head down to do school!), and all of a sudden, I realized what I needed more than anything...
I was listening to Jesus Culture on Pandora and something in me just broke.  There I stood, in the kitchen, kids looking at me, hands up in the air, tears in my eyes, singing and praising Jesus.  I needed more of JESUS this morning and He met me in the kitchen.  The song ended and I just felt a peace inside.  I felt the ability to go and do the rest of my day, I felt that little kick in the pants that I needed and I felt Jesus, sweet Jesus loving me right where I am.

So, the day continues and I am feeling good, things are going fine.  I put Joshua down for his rest, the house is so quiet and words just come to mind, so I write...

I love that when I turn on the computer, pictures of people I love come on the screen.
I love that some of those pictures are taken by my kiddos.
I love that one of those pictures is just little Abby Freeman's eyes and freckles.
I love that my house smells like the candle my husband bought me, that he remembered I liked it and went back to the store to get it for me.
I love that I can talk for 30+ minutes to a friend about coats, mom wounds, and what we are eating for lunch.
I love that I am excited that my hubby is coming home a little early tonight so we can run errands together as a family.
I love that I love my husband.
I love that when I look at my children I see a little of me, a little of him, and a lot of them in each one.
I love that there was a beautiful snow yesterday and the sun shone bright and warm today.
I love that the birds come each morning to our window to see if we refilled our feeders.
I love my big red dog who loves the word walk.
I love that each new day is a new beginning.
I love that I am still learning who I am and learning to love that girl.
I love that Jesus meets me in the kitchen.

No comments: