Monday, May 14, 2012

Hawaii Part 2!

 Can you feel yourself relax?
So, we have arrived at our much anticipated destination, just in time to catch an amazing sunset and a quick dip in the ocean.  We found a campsite and set up the tent, made some dinner and pretty much fell into bed. Day one of hiking trip done!

(Thank you Freemans for the use of your tent!! It went on a great adventure)

Right through the trees you can see the beach, this is the view from our tent.
The next morning we woke up with the birds - the were very loudly singing and even though it was very early, it was beautiful and so peaceful.  We got up and took the little trail to the beach where we set up for a long day of rest and taking in the amazing beauty.  We met a few people, tooks some walks in the sand, explored a sea cave, filled our water bottles from a waterfall and just took in all the beauty around us.  It was a wonderful day!



Our water source.
 We did use tablets to make sure that it was good for drinking but many of the "locals" said it was the freshest, purest water you would ever find.



The sea cave.
The water was so clear and cool - well at least that's what Nate told me - I was too chicken to go in,
not a big fan of caves, no matter how big they are!

Nate's view of me as I watched him swim in the cave.






Occasionally a boat would pass by. I often wondered what they were thinking as they saw the beach
with just a few people there.

Being refreshed in the waterfall!


If you look closely you can see me in the hammock! I still can hardly believe the view that was behind me! 

The perfect day ended with another amazing sunset and a nice nights sleep.  
Day two of amazing adventure done.




The final day of our adventure started early again with the birds.  We had our instant oatmeal and coffee on the beach then packed up our campsite and began our long hike back out.  I was filled with many emotions.  I didn't really want to leave this amazing place, its beauty and restfulness had me captivated.  I was also thinking ahead to the trail and the trials we might face on the way out - trying not to panic about the Cliffs of Insanity!!  But I also had an excitement and readiness to tackle the trail and see more of Hawaii.  So, we started out around 8 am and hit the trail head on.   We cut about an hour off the hike on our way out so that felt good and everything went really well, including Crawlers Ledge (which I mentioned in part 1).



I love this man, have I mentioned that before?


Look at me on Crawler's Ledge, I am actually smiling and let Nate take a picture!!! 
Coming back to the parking lot was like a shock to the system.  For three days we had been in the wilderness, the wild beauty and quietness was thrilling.  Now we were back to the hustle and bustle of cars, people, noises.  It was a strange feeling. 

Arriving at our car I felt exhausted and exhilarated all at the same time! I felt so thrilled that I had accomplished this hike and so ready to let the car take me places!

We arrived back at our hotel, after a delicious burger and fries, and after a nice hot shower we again fell into bed.  What an awesome adventure, one I will never forget and there isn't anyone I would have rather been there with than my sweet, heroic, handsome, man!  



P.S.

A while ago I heard or read somewhere about Jesus sending little signs to us to tell us how much he loves us.  Ever since that day I have found so many rocks in the shape of  a heart.  It is like Jesus' way of reinforcing his love for me.  At our campsite we found this...
Oh how he loves us!
At each beach we went to we also found coral shaped like hearts as well.  I do not believe it is just coincidence...I sincerely believe that Jesus wanted to show me love in simple and sweet ways all throughout our trip. He's just that kind of a God and I am so thankful for his love!

No comments: