
Elizabeth Grace turned 6 years old yesterday.
~ 6 ~
I can hardly believe that my baby girl is entering into a whole new phase of life, one we have not been in before - the elementary years. I am thrilled to see how she is growing and changing and yet somehow want to stop time so that she doesn't grow too fast, what if I miss something - a moment, a chance to connect...
The reality is that I am sure I will fail at times, and there will be times that I am too busy or get frustrated with her, but I pray that I will take time each day to stop and thank Jesus for her life and pray that she chooses to follow him all her life.
This year she had her first friend party. She was so excited to invite her friends - in fact by the time we made a list of everyone she would want to invite it was a list of 13! That seemed like a few too many so we talked through how to choose and were very proud of the way she processed that and made good decisions. We ended up with a party of 8 pixy like little girls - so cute and fun! We planned a pinkalicious tea party - everything was pink and beautiful! (Even daddy joined in and wore a pink tie!)
Dearest Elizabeth ~I love the way that you are so much like your daddy. You process life internally, you are a thinker and a feeler - a good combo of your daddy and I. You love to help, you love to know the plan and stick to it. You are so good with numbers and ideas - figuring things out. You have a sweet heart and a calmness in your spirit. You are confident in yourself and you are a beautiful ballerina. I am so proud to be your mommy and praise Jesus for the gift of your life. May this year be another year of amazing growth and confidence in who God has created you to be.
We love you so very much!
Mama and Daddy
2 comments:
Fun party and beautiful family!!
what a fun day! i just told micah that it makes me wonder what our elizabeth grace will be like at 6... and that i want to cherish each moment until then! happy "belated" birthday!
Post a Comment