Homeschooling has been going really well for us, we have just begun to get into the curriculum and we are all enjoying it.
This week we focused on the letter 'S' and studied the sun. On Monday we went into a dark room with no light and talked about how darkness was over the earth until God made the sun. I opened a door, letting the sunlight flood in and we all were so thankful that God made the sun! I then shared that our hearts are like this dark room until we ask Jesus into it, then it is filled with light and that light is to be shared with those around us.
Both girls thought is was really neat to sit in the dark and then have the light come, such a stark example to them.
So we discussed light and dark for a little while and then Sarah said, "Mom, I want to ask Jesus into my heart right now." I was thrilled to hear this and we prayed together right then. Praise Jesus that she has decided to ask Jesus to come in and take over her life, shining His radiant light in her life.
What a delight to share in this with her! Overall, I'd say it was a very successful week in homeschooling!
No comments:
Post a Comment