My birthday was in April and my sweet husband made me the most amazing present, ever! He bought a porch swing and made a frame for it to hang on. It is just beautiful and I love swinging in it, watching my girls play, reading my book, just enjoying being outside.
The other part of my birthday, was a beautiful cake that he and the girls made.
On the morning of my birthday, Elizabeth and I had a funny conversation:
E "get up mom, it's time to get up."
Mom "Oh, but it is my birthday, don't I get to stay in bed all day?!"
E "No, you have to eat your cake."
Mom "but can't I have my cake in bed?!"
E (silly smile and runs out of the room)
I got up and was putting in my contacts, hearing some noise coming from the kitchen. A minute later Elizabeth runs into the room saying, "Here you go mom, you can have your cake in bed!"
The night before they had made a cake and were planning on decorating it that evening. E had decided to cut a peice and give it to me in bed, since that is what I wanted for my birthday!
Isn't that sweet!
So, that night Nate and the girls decorated a beautiful cake for me, even though there was a missing peice!
No comments:
Post a Comment