Tuesday, February 17, 2009

boys vs girls

Elizabeth has some very good friends that she has grown up with and spent just about every Friday with since she was about 4 months old. The two that are closest to her in age are both boys O and Z. I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing these three grow and become good friends, now they are all in school together and she claims that they are her best friends. At first I felt like I needed to make sure and find her a little girl or two that could be her best friends. Each day after school I would ask her who she played with at school and it was always O and Z. I would encourage her to play with the girls and ask which ones she liked to play with...still loves O and Z the best.

I have come to a place where it just thrills my heart to see her have friends, no matter boy or girl. (goodness knows we could use some boy stuff around here!) And what better friends to have than the kiddos of my best friends!

So today, Z is here playing and spending the day with us. Not always has their friendship been so great (E used to bite Z all the time), but now they just play and play and play!


Here are a few things I have heard today and in the past between them that have made me giggle:

E "what should we play today?"
Z "oo, I know, transformers!"
E "no, how about mommy and daddy"
Z "no"
E "how about bear?"
Z "yea, and then I can be a superhero and save you!"


E "time to go to bed honey."
Z "I am not a honey, I am a TRANSFORMER!!"


Mom "did you guys go outside today at school?"
Z "No it was too cold"
E " No, we didn't because we had chapel and we didn't have enough time."
Mom "Oh, I see. What did you have for snack?"
Z "We didn't have snack today."
E "Yes we did, it was fruit snacks and L brought them."


Z "E you are my best friend, I am going to miss you when I go home."

Precious!!!




















1 comment:

Danyelle said...

hmmm... I wonder what the future holds for them! If only we could really pre-arrange a marriage huh?!